Saturday, June 11, 2011

Call It A Refresher Course.

There has been a awful lot of ill-advised behavior in the press lately, so much so that I feel the need to offer some advice. There seem to be an alarming number of misconceptions out there about what women find sexy. Let me help clear some of that confusion right up for you.

  • Pictures of your package sent over the internet or cell phones bring you more thrills than us. Women aren’t nearly as preoccupied with your junk as you think we are…really. Sorry to burst the bubble, but penises aren’t pretty. Most women go by the “seen one seen them all” school of thought on that part of your anatomy. We don’t care what they look like because what‘s important is not how it looks, but what it does. Got it?

This is about the only kind of wiener picture that WON’T get you in trouble.

  • We don’t have any objection to a guy in good shape, but when you obviously spend more time on your body than on ours…there’s a problem. We do appreciate a guy who stays fit but dedicating more of your energies to your rock hard abs than you do to your job doesn’t make us feel real sure about your future prospects. You can have the mightiest guns on the planet, but it’s the average guy who talks to us that keeps us interested. Like this.

  • Douchebags are not our dream guys. We don’t really consider the guy who sleeps with everything that doesn’t run away as the best measure of good taste. If you’ll screw anything that moves, we don’t feel all that special, we like feeling special. Please don’t offer to buy us drinks with the sole purpose of getting one of us drunk enough to sleep with you as the goal. Frankly, what does that say about your appeal? Don’t grope, grind or proposition us five minutes after meeting us, all it does is make us want to go home and shower, without you. Go ahead and act like an ass with your buddies, but act like that to us, and you’ll have all the time in the world to go to the gym…alone.

Seriously, stop it.

Okay! Now that we have that unpleasantness behind us, here’s a few things to remember that are going to give you more than a fighting chance.

  • We like smart and funny. I shit you not. If you can make us laugh and have a conversation about something other than cars, sports and the weather, you actually have a shot. Here’s a secret, your brain is going to last a lot longer than your abs, trust me. When your abs get soft, you can hide it with a well cut shirt, we notice immediately if you’re stupid.
That’s what I’M talking about.

  • We love nice guys, really, I’m not kidding. This mistaken notion that you have to be a tough asshole is so wrong, so stupid and ill-advised. The idea that “nice guys finish last” may be true in Gordon Gekko’s world, but out here where the rest of us live, nice guys get a lot more nookie that the jerks do.

We really do.

  • Women are thinking of the long haul, something that lasts longer than it takes for all parties involved to sober up and find their clothes in the morning. We’re not all that interested in dating forever, for the most part, we don’t find it all that much fun. We’d like to hang out and watch movies with someone who totally gets us, seriously, if you get us, you win.
Yep, there it is.

  • We don’t need you to cry with us at every Nicholas Sparks movie, but we do like to see a softer side from time to time. Let us catch you being sweet, or silly, or cute…we love it!

Dear GOD! Let us catch you doing this!

This is the guy we’re looking for.


He will never, ever have to LOOK for a girlfriend again.

I know my post is incomplete, I am sure there are things I have missed. Let's call this a start, a jumping off point, if you will. I fully anticipate some hell to be given to me and one of the wonderful men in my life to offer a counter point...please do!

6 comments:

Love Shawn :) said...

I don't understand how you don't find guys whom tan twice and use 2 and a half bottles of hair gel a day attractive. ;-p

Anonymous said...

You nailed it! Awesome job! The pictures with cats gave me an awwww how sweet moment ;)! Heres to having that man my Hubby of 5 years!

Anonymous said...

My hubby of almost 38 years says he dislikes cats, yet he scoops up our youngest all black cuttee pie nightly and makes sure he is okay, he likes to run wild the cat not the hubby it is cold now and dark early, he calls to him nightly and he even lets him wedge between me and him, never did that before retiring, he even gets the food for the other 3 and pets them, they adore him and I know he is a big softee about animals, he knows I love them and watch over them and he does too..A real man who is worth his salt will always be tender with animals no matter what! Who wants a man with no love and compassion for cats and other living animals? not me, he also diapered our only daughter when she was a baby and held her close, she is a daddy's girl at age 34 not married and looking for a fellow like her square sweet daddy!

Wayne said...

LIBBY! I've read a bunch of your posts! I LOVE them! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE look at, and comment on, the comment I left at: http://onlyonethinking.blogspot.com/2009/11/get-your-prude-on.html
PLEASE!

Anonymous said...

I love this one! It's great and i completely agree with everything you said. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this one! I agree with everything! :)