A few things to know about plus size girls:
- We have boobs that REQUIRE bra wearing, but we would like them to be a little sexy, too (and we wonder why they even make A or B cup bras).
- We don't appreciate catalogs that feature clothes for us, modeled by a size 10 girl. It's not real and doesn't show us what the clothing will look like on us.
- Just because we have hips and butts, doesn't mean we want our pants and shorts to only feature drawstring or elastic waistbands.
- Most of us shouldn't wear spaghetti strap anything, unless it's under something else.
- We like pretty nightwear and undergarments too.
- We're not so desperate that we'll sleep with you as a given thing, we have standards.
- Some of us are comfortable with who and what we are, the rest of us are working on it.
- Your beauty standards are not necessarily mine, get used to it.
Some of us learn to simply accept our plus-ness, some fight it and join the skinny legions and some of us embrace it and become comfortable in our skin.
It took a while, but I've have gotten to the point that I am pretty damned comfortable the way I am. Does this mean I like to eat three boxes of cookies at one sitting? No. Does this mean I don't want to improve myself? Again, no. This means that I can look in the mirror and see what's beautiful and not dwell on the parts of me that are less than someone's idea of "perfect". I have come to realize I have dynamite hair (especially now that I have joined the straightener cult).
We girls with a little more than less tend to look a bit younger as our skin has the underpinning of flesh that keep it smooth and less wrinkly. Take a look at some of the super skinnies and check out their faces, in particular. Plus, since we weren't bikini people and did not do the sun goddess thing, we have avoided the leathery look that hits after a lifetime of tanning. We have great skin!
I have lately discovered wrap and faux wrap tops and am LOVING the rather spectacular cleavage they produce. So, may I add, does my beloved. Try THAT without a wonder bra, skinnies! When you have a great rack, V necks are your friend.
Celebrate, my plus sized, curvy, less wrinkly friends, we've got a whole lot going for us, in every way possible!